Bill McKee

"SL" wrote in message
I have a 2,000Kg Fairline cruiser I need to move about 1,000 miles (from
UK to Spain). One solution seems to be to buy a 2,000Kg twin-axle roller
trailer and tow it there behind my landrover... but I have no idea if
doing a 1,000 miles with a boat that heavy in tow is sheer madness, or
whether towing that sort of weight long distance is actually not too
much of a problem... any opinions appreciated.
--
SL

I tow the about the same weight boat and trailer. Figure the trailer will
be about 500kg itself. You may be better off, talking to a container or
ocean shipping company. Friend bought a boat in Australia and they set it
on top of the deck of the ship on blocks and then just dropped it in the
water in Long Beach, Calif with the crane. They must have direct shipments
to Spain, probably both the Atlantic side and the Med side. Or see what
cost to put it on the freight train. You are looking at a minimum of 2K BP
for a trailer.