Sailing Fan

Default Suzuki Outboards

CU made a hasty decision to give Suzuki an unacceptable rating a long,
long time ago. To save face, they have stuck to their guns, which is to
be expected. Today there are some very well rated and very
environmentally friendly cars made by Suzuki. You don't see Exxon-Mobil
suing because the vehicles don't use enough fuel?
For the most any application, Suzuki outboards are worth considering as
a good powerplant for your boat.
Because CU is posturing for litigation against Suzuki, this is no reason
to take sides, as you and CU suggest.

Peter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50

Messing In Boats wrote:
While I believe that Suzuki makes a very good outboard motor, I would
hesitate to recommend one to a prospective buyer after reading about
their "scorched-earth" litigation tactics dealing with Consumer Reports.

It seems that back in 1988 CR gave the Suzuki Samurai an unacceptable
rating after finding it had a tendancy to tip over while turning, a
quality I would find alarming in a motor vehicle. Read the March 2004
issue of Consumer Reports to get their side.

Based upon this information, I would hesitate to recommend the purchase
of any Suzuki product for fear of facing these tactics should one have
any product liability dealings with the firm.

Capt. jeff