Handyman

Default Bolger's Delaware Trawler

There was a recent article in one of the boat enthusiasts magazines
(not sure if it was MAIB) on a "concept" called the Delaware Trawler.
I found some of the illustrations in one of the yahoo bolger groups
along with a brief article. Couldn't tell very much about the hull
though, as the cartoons had a "faxed" blurry look.

Just wondering if anyone gas heard anything more about this boat? I
know that Mr. Bolger has had some inquiries with at least two who
committed to build the boat if he finished the plans. I was also
wondering if this boat has a Windermere type hull bottom with the box
keel covered with fillets at the bow and a layer of plywood on the
bottom to form an arc. I never cared for the first generations of the
box keel because of its appearence and pounding. But the Windermere
seems to have really come a long way in design since boats like Hawkeye
and Micro-trawler.

Thanks!