SL wrote:
I have a 2,000Kg Fairline cruiser I need to move about 1,000 miles (from
UK to Spain). One solution seems to be to buy a 2,000Kg twin-axle roller
trailer and tow it there behind my landrover... but I have no idea if
doing a 1,000 miles with a boat that heavy in tow is sheer madness, or
whether towing that sort of weight long distance is actually not too
much of a problem... any opinions appreciated.
--
SL

At that weight you are looking at heavy duty hitch and electric trailer
brakes.

If your vehicle has the extras included in the 'tow package' you should
have no problems at all. 'Tow package' is generally a beefed up
suspension for the rear of the vehicle and additional transmission
cooler.

You need to check tow capacity and ensure you account for not only the
boat weight but the weight of the trailer and any tiedowns.