mike hicks

Default ALUMALOY: any experience?

"Dave" wrote in :

I saw a TV add for a new product that supposedly makes welding repairs
to aluminum much easier; it's called ALUMALOY. It's like a brazing
rod, requires no flux of any kind, and only requires propane gas
temperature. Almost seems too good to be true ... anyone out there
have any experience with this stuff?

Same company also makes a similar product for stell and cast-iron;
however, in these cases, a type of flux is required.

-- Dave

Oh man I LOVE that commercial. The lady who does the voice-over has an
almost hypnotic voice. I've got to get it on tape for the occasional bouts
of insomnia - she'll put me right to sleep. Of course when I wake up I'll
want to by some Alumaloy!! There is no way on Earth that stuff works - it
looks good in the commercial though. Or maybe I was just hypnotized into
THINKING it looked good....