Calif Bill

Default ALUMALOY: any experience?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:50:04 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

I saw a TV add for a new product that supposedly makes welding repairs to
aluminum much easier; it's called ALUMALOY. It's like a brazing rod,
requires no flux of any kind, and only requires propane gas temperature.
Almost seems too good to be true ... anyone out there have any experience
with this stuff?

I saw that ad and talked to a couple of guys at the local fab shop -
it's similar to acid core colder.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"Fisherman are born honest, but they get
over it." - Ed Zern

The stuff has been around for years. Maybe 20? You see it at the county /
state fair at times. They weld beer cans together. I have heard that it
takes a lot of practice to make a good strong joint (Harry probably has lots
of experience with some joints). I do not think it would make a very good
weld on any thick material.