P Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
DSK wrote:
So, if boating is important to you, move to place where marinas are
cheaper.

wrote:
The cheapest marina of all is a dock in front of your house. You
control the cost, and also get to enjoy an appreciating asset.

Not really. I bet it feels good though.

Nobby said he's paying $5K a month on an interest-only mortgage.... my
slip doesn't cost that much in two years. My slip plus my mortgage

aren't
half what his cost.

My wife and I sporadically look at waterfront property, but the premium
is too high most places that are actually desirable. When the bubble
bursts, maybe we'll buy in... but not in Florida, for sure. Been there,
done that.

DSK

The marina near me charges $450 for trailer boat storage and ramp usage,
and anywhere from %1500 to about $2200 a year for a slip, depending on

the
size.

The marina near me closed. The marina down the road from me closed. The
marinas north of me are full. The boat ramps are full by 8:00am on
weekends.

If you're a boater down here, you're willing to spend a lot more for the
luxury of having your boat in the backyard.

Besides the fact that the net cost of the 5k a month is only 3k a
month........something the brain dead liebrals cannot comprehend.