NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
So, if boating is important to you, move to place where marinas are
cheaper.

wrote:
The cheapest marina of all is a dock in front of your house. You
control the cost, and also get to enjoy an appreciating asset.

Not really. I bet it feels good though.

Nobby said he's paying $5K a month on an interest-only mortgage....

Actually, I'm paying $3835 on the interest only mortgage..and another $1/mo.
on property taxes and insurance.

my
slip doesn't cost that much in two years.

Any in-water slip down here will run you $400-500/mo...or a lot more
depending upon size.

My slip plus my mortgage aren't half what his cost.

Great. But how long have you been in your home?

My wife and I sporadically look at waterfront property, but the premium is
too high most places that are actually desirable. When the bubble bursts,
maybe we'll buy in... but not in Florida, for sure. Been there, done that.

The demand for wterfront down here so far exceeds supply, that they'll never
be a "good buy" for waterfront property in Southwest Florida, no matter what
the national real estate "bubble" does.