luckettg

Yes, if applied over completely cured resin, and if the base is
properely prepped by washing off the wax, then sanding.

Dave Allyn wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:10:37 -0700, Evan Gatehouse
wrote:

Dave Allyn wrote:
I just got the resin delivered for my first boat. I got a 1.5 gallon
kit, and was wondering, if I run short, can I get a pint kit from a
differant supplier and have them bond to each other okay? Obviously I
would not mix one companies part A, with another companies part B, but
say I use up all the 1.5 gallons I have, and want another coat on the
bottom or something. Can I get a pint kit from a differant supplier
and expect it to work okay?

With epoxy, uh, no unless you are particularly lucky.
Different resin suppliers make resins with different
chemistry. You'd be lucky to have them harden.

Evan Gatehouse

Even if I use the correct hardner?

Example: I use 1.5 Gal kit from Raka. I run out, and so order a pint
kit from system-3. I use the S3 resin with the S3 hardner. will it
bond okay to the Raka resin, that was mixed with the Raka hardner?

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!