Mic

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:49:30 GMT, Don White
wrote:

The guy I used to crew with called tonight. Now he's checking out a
1967 Cal 34 from a neighbouring province.
The former Florida sailboat is listed as a 'project boat'.
I tried to talk him out of it, but the boat is listed dirt cheap. He
figures we'll get a work crew together and make this boat seaworthy. I
did my best to turn him away...he knows nothing about re-furbishing an
older boat and he's making noises aboute putting me in charge of the
project. Since I've never re-furbished an old boat myself, I'm going to
have to give him a wakeup call. Luckly, there's another friend of his
who John will listen to.
In the meantime, anyone familiar with the Cal 34?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/46-Ca...c mdZViewItem

1973 46' Cal Sailboat with 1994 engine and sails
US $20,100.42

Time left: 5 days 20 hours
7-day listing, Ends Sep-28-05 17:08:34 PDT
Start time: Sep-21-05 17:08:34 PDT
History: 40 bids (US $200.00 starting bid)

This is a real beauty definately worth a look in particular the engine
room.
This sailboat comes with a fixed keel, compass, 2 heads, galley, wheel
tiller, rigging, mast, Spinnaker, Genoa, CB Radio, Main Sail, depth
sounder, auto pilot, wind instruments, work bench in engine room, and
sleeps 6.
The Original engine was replaces in 1994 with a Perkin. This engine
only has 332 hours. This sailboat has normal wear and tear for its
age.

Description
Model:
2-46