Bert Robbins

"DSK" wrote in message
So, if boating is important to you, move to place where marinas are
cheaper.

wrote:
The cheapest marina of all is a dock in front of your house. You
control the cost, and also get to enjoy an appreciating asset.

Not really. I bet it feels good though.

Nobby said he's paying $5K a month on an interest-only mortgage.... my
slip doesn't cost that much in two years. My slip plus my mortgage aren't
half what his cost.

My wife and I sporadically look at waterfront property, but the premium is
too high most places that are actually desirable. When the bubble bursts,
maybe we'll buy in... but not in Florida, for sure. Been there, done that.

A place on the water that has an existing dock is an asset and it will only
appreciate in value over time. Have you looked into the cost of getting a
new dock built lately.