Chuck Tribolet

I've towed a 2000+ pound boat with a '95 and a '01 Pathfinder no sweat for
lotsa
miles. But mine has a stick (slush boxes suck). If I had an automatic it
would have
a BIG tranny oil cooler. Do it.

Are you sure about those numbers? My recollection is that all the automatic
PFs were
at least 3500 as they came off the boat, some for 5000. But even if your
numbers are
low, I'd still put the tranny oil cooler on. They are cheap, esp if you can
do the install
yourself.

And alas, I suspect the next PF will have to have an automatic as they've
dropped
the stick.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1996 PathFinder that I want to use it to tow a 18-ft aluminum
boat that is around 2420-lb (maximum estimated weight) including the
trailer. The max trailing weight of the 1996 PathFinder is 2500-lb
(5000-lb with oil cooler), and its gross combined weight is 7000-lb
(9500-lb with oil cooler). Seem like this 1996 PathFinder just meets
the requirement of towing the boat.

My questions a

- This 1996 PathFinder barely meets the requirement
without having a transmission oil cooler. I am
wondering if I may be pushing it?

- I intend to tow the boat for a total 80-miles per
a round trip mainly in summer (I live in New Jersey).
Is this too much mileage for the 1996 PathFinder
without a transmission oil cooler?

Basically, I am just wondering whether I may need a transmission oil
cooler for the 1996 PathFinder.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan