Larry

Dave Baker wrote in
:

Around this neck of the woods I doubt that they care too much about
the NMEA - the application we are looking at is for vessels that don't
legally need AIS anyway, so we don't need to get Class approval, etc.
We can just submit the units locally & get local approval & that's it
- only takes a couple of weeks & not much money & we'll be out using
them.

I'm sure there is some kind of RADIO authority in Denmark, like our FCC,
that decides what radios are and are not allowed on the air in Denmark,
though, right? FCC doesn't care about NMEA, either. They DO care about RF
interference from dirty transmitters, harmonic radiation, interference with
other services which is why the radio will have to undergo certain tests
and pass them to be allowed into the USA. I'm sure Denmark has similar
regulations to protect its RF environment.

--
Larry