Larry

Dave Baker wrote in
:

http://smartradio.ebigchina.com/sdp/...369-74856.html

Wow! Thanks for the information, Dave!

I wonder if this isn't one of the companies the AIS inventors in Sweden are
warning about. There seems to be a lot of unlicensed (read that royalty-
free) manufacturing going on across the planet.

I don't see any reference to FCC type-approval or acceptance for this VHF
transmitter, so be informed without it and putting it on the air you are
opening yourself up to $10K/day FCC prosecution and probably import
prosecutions from the US Attorney for importing an unapproved
unit....assuming, of course, you are in the USA. Other countries have
similar, if not even more stringent, regulations to prevent competition
with the bigboy NMEA members. Is it FCC approved that you know of?

--
Larry