Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1996 PathFinder that I want to use it to tow a 18-ft aluminum
boat that is around 2420-lb (maximum estimated weight) including the
trailer. The max trailing weight of the 1996 PathFinder is 2500-lb
(5000-lb with oil cooler), and its gross combined weight is 7000-lb
(9500-lb with oil cooler). Seem like this 1996 PathFinder just meets
the requirement of towing the boat.

My questions a

- This 1996 PathFinder barely meets the requirement
without having a transmission oil cooler. I am
wondering if I may be pushing it?

- I intend to tow the boat for a total 80-miles per
a round trip mainly in summer (I live in New Jersey).
Is this too much mileage for the 1996 PathFinder
without a transmission oil cooler?

Basically, I am just wondering whether I may need a transmission oil
cooler for the 1996 PathFinder.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Heat is the death of automatic trannies. Any local auto parts store will
sell you a tranny cooler. Maybe $60. Easy to install.