Starbuck

Harry,
You mean something similar to California. That way the president can govern
by polls and he doesn't have to do what he believes is in the best interest
of the country. All he has to do is follow the most recent poll.

Kerry would have done very well with that system.

--

Starbuck

.... Affix stamp, post office will not deliver without postage.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Harry:

At various times the US has had a mechanism for removing incompetent
presidents. Their names were John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald
(I forget the third name).

Gaetano Bresci assassinated McKinley.

You're way out of line here. Assassination is never an acceptable course
of action for removing a government official in this country.

I also dispute your claim that the presidents Booth and Oswald
assassinated were incompetent.

What we need is a petition mechanism registered voters can use to "recall"
an incompetent president like Bush, and force a new election.

--
Debate Issue:
Resolved, that the voters of the United States need a mechanism

An alternative: write a letter to George W. Bush at the White House
and ask him to resign immediately for the good of the country and its
people.