Terry Spragg

-Name Withheld For Security Concerns wrote:

Hello!
Our boat has several UHF radio's that are used to communicate between
compartments. I thought the steel bulkheads would have acted as a faraday
cage and prevented any communication. Any thought on why the UHF radios work
as well as they do?

-Thanks

Every compartment is a cavity which is coupled to every other
cavity, which re radiates the signals unless they are perfectly
tuned in all dimensions to the frequency in use?

Non of the compartments are actually sealed?

A parasitic signal leaky line random length antenna is strung into
every compartment?

All the other wires tend to act as if there was as above?

A radio repeater rebroadcasts everything on board at 10,000 watts,
full duplex?

Radio is a myth. Telepathy is possible if you just believe?

Terry K