Bryan

Well, Isabelle and Ellen are little girls, so is my wife, she weighs 120
pounds. They do not bench 350 pounds and will never be stronger or bigger
than most guys. That said, they are great sailors with substantial
acomplishment, more than I will ever achieve. They also sail very large
boats with no power winches, huge rigs, in very demanding conditions. So
if these girls can sail large boats, why can't a couple cruise a 50, 60, or
70 footer as a team? When cruisng you have the benefit of going in good
weather versus racing when you leave when the race starts. What exotic gear
is on a Vendee that is not on a typical cruising boat?

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:
Honestly guys, I gotta laugh at some of this advice. Many claim you
can't handle larger yachts without huge crew, exotic gear, and mega
wallets. How many folks here have lived on, sailed, docked, bought,
or maintained 50 footers, 60 footers, or 70 footers? Look at the
60's racing non-stop around the world by little girls.

That's what most of us do. Look at 'em. BTW, do _you_ do anything
different?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat