P Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:19:17 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
You think retirees with less income than they had when working,

who
are looking for less expense, less driving, and closer care, are
going
to buy increasingly expensive & expansive homes?
NOYB wrote:
I think you don't have a clear understanding of the average Naples
retiree's financial situation. Less expense isn't exactly a top
priority to someone worth $10, 50 or 100 million.

1,400 properties sold in Collier County for more than $1 million

from
January through August of this year.
What that tells me is that the people who are going to make money

are
the people who 1- sell those homes and collect commission (and the
appraisers, insurers, etc etc)
2- bought into the market several years ago.

Buying into a hot market because it's going up like a rocket is not
generally how one makes a large profit. Not in the stock market, not
in
a crap game, and not in real estate.

The fact that real estate has run up far faster than inflation over
the
past few years is a good indication that 1- inflation is going to

pick
up (after all housing costs are a big part of the consumer spending
"basket")
2- it is *less* likely to outpace inflation over the coming years
(nothing goes up & up & up forever & ever..

I currently put away $25,000+ per year in qualified pension
plans...and
have done so since 1999.
That's a good move. Of course, it really depends on having a gov't
that
doesn't simply confiscate wealth from people who were wise enough to
save up (ie a very different gov't from the one we have now).

Water access is very difficult down here. If we had adequate ramps
and
marinas, I'd be living in a less expensive house inland.

So, if boating is important to you, move to place where marinas are
cheaper.

The most important vote is cast with one's feet.

Affordable areas in Florida don't exist anymore. But if by some
miracle
you happen to find one, the people living there have no money for
dentistry...nor do most of them have teeth.

That's not true. There are plenty of affordable homes in NE Florida,

and
far better medical practitioners than you are going to find in an area
like yours with no major university hospital center. In fact, the best
hospitals in Florida outside of Miami if you have a serious problem is
in
Gainesville, and Jacksonville is second on that list.

I really don't know what the attraction is for south Florida on the

west
coast.

More temperate winters

Whiter beaches

Prettier area

Less retirees from the NY/NJ/New England area.

Smaller probability of running into Harry Krause!

Yes, of course. And his ilk.

Hey NYOB....this make your return like small potatos.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9398215/