*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...
*JimH* wrote:

: wrote in message
: roups.com...
: Gene Kearns wrote:
:
: :6 Gasoline, since the gas tank is just about empty should I just
start
: the
: :engine and let it run out of gas or should I put a few gallons in it
: with
: :stabile and run the engine for 15 minutes . Either way I was planning
on
: :fogging the engine with oil
: : Draining all of the fuel might be the better solution, but Stabil
will
: : do the trick, too.
:
: Draining the fuel will cause condensation to occur in the fuel tank.
Tis
: better to have a full tank when storing.
:
: b.

: It really has never been proven that leaving a gas tank less than full
over
: winter storage causes condensation in the tank.

There's conflicting info on the subject.
http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/37.htm

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/winteriz.htm

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/myth_of_c...fuel_tanks.htm

Exactly as I said. ;-)