DSK

NOYB wrote:
I've been on the fence on how to advise him. Part of me believes as you do:
that $340k villa will drop in price once a correction knocks the speculators
out of the market. But if I'm wrong, then where does he live? If he pays
the $340k now, and then it drops, he can just stay in it until it goes back
up again.

Rent cheap and put money into a residential REIT

If the housing market continues to climb fantastically, he'll have a leg
up on affording a place. If it crashes in some places or plateaus in
general, he'll have spread the risk as much as possible.

DSK