NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Maybe NOYB will open a B&B to make ends meet.

Wonder if he'd throw in use of his boat? I wouldn't mind getting some
Florida sun in January or February.

There is a place in the upper to middle keys that does that. It's an ok
older motel right on the water, with a good restaurant and the use of a
whaler skiff and outboard is included. The beauty of the place is that
the "offshore reef" is about a half-mile offshore, and that's as far as
you have to go to catch some damned nice fish. I stayed there for a few
days about five years ago. Nice beach, too.

If you can remember the community or motel name I'd appreciate it. Never
been to the Keys, but would like to see them.

One of the nicest places to stay down there is Hawk's Cay at mile marker
61...just 8-10 miles north of Marathon. Those small hotel/bed&breakfasts
look pretty neat, but I've never stayed at one. We're heading to Cheeca
Lodge in a couple of weeks. They have a 500ft. pier on the Atlantic side
that they allow you to tie a shallow draft (2 ft) boat up to.

There is a terrific thread on Florida Sportsman forum with all sorts of info
on the Keys:
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=100907