Harry Krause

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:17:37 +0000, Harry Krause wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:07:48 +0000, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:44:58 +0000, FishFan wrote:

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Mercury Marine unveils the new Verado today.

Supercharged even.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/

-W

Anybody look at the weight?

649 lbs for a 225!!

In fact, isn't that about the weight of a 220hp I/O ? (5L V8)

Lloyd

(and I'm guessing it's NOT FWC !

Lloyd

Actually, the V8 I/O's weigh more, I believe. My F225 Yamaha weighs close to 600
pounds.

What's really troubling about all these new high-tech outboards is that for
anything other than routine maintenance, you need a highly skilled mechanic, and
I wonder sometimes what the average dealership is doing to cope.

That's a common problem these days. Have you looked at some of the modern
"sportbikes"? Have you seen anything on them that you or I would identify as an
"engine"? (let alone "spark plugs", "carburetor", etc.) Same with the
high-output, turbocharged, intercooled, goober-modulated diesels.

My bike has an old-style V-twin engine, with plugs and carburators. My boat has
a normally-aspirated diesel. My van has the Venerable 4.3L V6. I can repair them
all myself, mostly without a computer.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - engine ALMOST done!

Hey...I can still fix my lawnmower engine.

--
Email sent to is never read.