Harry Krause

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:07:48 +0000, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:44:58 +0000, FishFan wrote:

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Mercury Marine unveils the new Verado today.

Supercharged even.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/

-W

Anybody look at the weight?

649 lbs for a 225!!

In fact, isn't that about the weight of a 220hp I/O ? (5L V8)

Lloyd

(and I'm guessing it's NOT FWC !

Lloyd

Actually, the V8 I/O's weigh more, I believe. My F225 Yamaha weighs
close to 600 pounds.

What's really troubling about all these new high-tech outboards is that
for anything other than routine maintenance, you need a highly skilled
mechanic, and I wonder sometimes what the average dealership is doing to
cope. I deal with a very large and successful dealership that has some
first-class people in its shop, but it is a big-ticket, high-volume
dealer. Imagine buying one of these outboards from an inland guy who
only sells a dozen a year. His shop guys don't get enough practice to
get up to speed.

--
Email sent to is never read.