thunder

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:34:19 +0000, NOYB wrote:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/11407689.htm

Statistics, eh? In Florida, we're in a fight with the Feds (NOAA
specifically) regarding the accuracy of the statistics used to determine
the 2004 recreational red grouper catch. The Feds somehow managed to
conclude that twice as many red grouper were caught in 2004 than in
2003...despite 4 hurricanes virtually shutting down the two best months
for grouper fishing last year. Ergo, they've used the flawed data to
tighten the recreational catch limits and season.

There's a big difference in counting thousands of fish, caught by
thousands of fishermen, and well documented "significant" terrorist
attacks. Oh, and attacks on American soldiers were not counted.

Statistics can be easily manipulated in such a way that they don't
actually reflect reality.

Sure, they can be. I clearly remember Bush using the 2003 numbers to
promote his election campaign. It was quite embarrassing for him, when
the numbers had to be upgraded, quite embarrassing.

Wade through the statistics, if you like:

http://www.mipt.org/Patterns-of-Global-Terrorism.asp

Despite being smack dab in the middle of a global war on terrorism, we
haven't had a terrorist attack on US soil in over 4 years. To most
Americans, that's success.

"You can fool . . ."