Larry

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:47:50 -0400, Larry wrote:

Larry wrote in :

There is no stator, only a shaft with a rotor on it.

The stator is behind the impeller. It is necessary to stop the rotational
flow of the water and redirect the thrust straight out the nozzle. They
are fixed vanes around the housing of the rear shaft bearing, the back of
which is a cone into the center of the nozzle to increase pressure and flow
speed.

Ok, I'll check for it. The very last thing closest to the opening turns,
but perhaps there is something else I didn't notice. For example, there
might be a strut further towards the bow. Thanks.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com