Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:32:06 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I'm locked out of my boat and have to cut the small pad lock off the
companionway.

If I invest in a bolt cutter, will it be useful as emergency gear in
case of a dismasting or do I need a different tool to cut S.S. rigging
wire quickly?

Bolt cutters make handy dandy wire ferrule crimpers, if a circular
bite is ground in the jaws.
They will cut cable, though I think the most prefered device looks
like a branch clippe on steroids with its short scimitar shaped
scissor jaws.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
p.s. Should you be hand-wringing about a device that can cost $15 or
$20?