Larry

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:53:34 -0400, Jack Erbes wrote:

....snip

You're right, I just looked at them on the SeaDoo page. No insult
intended with my remark about the jetski drivers.

None taken.

The problem is that the steering mechanism for the jet is under water.
Thus, any drive which moves the jet also has to be. Nautamatic suggested I
replace the steering mechanism with a hydraulic one, but that is close to
impossible.

Okay, I have a better image now. There aren't any cross sections or
manuals on that page though, so I don't have any idea what's "inside the
box". There is nothing at all in the way of a moving part in a dry area
where a push/pull arm could be attached and an actuator could be
mounted? If there was, one of the lighter models that have a hand
control box on a cable might could be made to work.

Jack

No, what happens is that the cable goes through a waterproof connection to
the outside which is under water. There the jacket is clamped and a boot
is clamped over the movable section. This is below the waterline, but
above the bottom of the boat. I.e., the pushpull arm is entirely below the
waterline.

Inside the engine compartment, there is so little room that you cannot even
see the two cables which control steerage and the doughnut without removing
the two large plastic pieces which help insulate the engine noise.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com