Doug Dotson

"The Floating Bear" wrote in message
. uk...
Sounds like a better regulator is the solution

My regulator is an ordinary machine-sensed automotive one in the
alternator, which is why I was asking about proper regs with which to
replace it.

You first have to verify that you can modify your alternator to work with
an external charge controller.

A kind offer of the tape drive motors, but I am in the UK. However, I have
a faulty Quantum DLT drive under my desk - is that the kind that the
motors come from or are we talking about one of the big, vertical
open-reel ones that so impressed us in old films?

I don't know what type of tape drive the motor came out of. It is about
5" long and 4" in diameter. Weighs a few pounds.

Regards,
Jerry