Short Wave Sportfishing

Default B-W Velvet Drive clunking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 06:16:23 -0500, "Charles T. Low"
wrote:

I've had my 1978 Trojan 26 for three seasons now, and can't for the life of
me decide for sure whether the transmission has always done this or not. My
mechanic thinks it's OK. The AT lubricant is full and looks crystal clear to
the naked eye, and I do change it (rarely). It's a Borg-Warner Velvet Drive,
original with the boat, to my knowledge.

~~ snippage happens ~~

It just occured to me - does the drive train have U-joints? If so,
then that's the most likely cluprit.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"Fisherman are born honest, but they get
over it." - Ed Zern