Harry Krause

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

Dan Krueger wrote:
Weren't Yamaha twin 115 4 strokes an option? They would be slower due to their
weight but twins nonetheless...

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Yamaha currently has a 300HP DFI. They also have the 150 4 strokes for twin
installations. That's the direction I'm heading at the moment since I have to
consider the benefit of twins for trips to the Bahamas.

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:

Yeah, I tried to get a pair of Merc 150 Optis on my Parker, but the
factory wouldn't sell that model boat without Yamaha engines, so I got
the Yamaha F225. It's a fine engine, and does drive the boat well at
good cruising speeds. But I'd probably go for twins if I were
outboarding to the Bamahas regularly. Where I do most of my boating
these days, I can see both the eastern and western shorelines and I have
yet to be out of VHF or cell range.

Not enough power, Dan. The F225 is right on the edge of "underpowered,"
at least in my opinion, and two 115s would not have performed as well
because of the extra drag and a little more weight. I get 39 mph at WOT,
and can cruise at 30 mph, which is just about enough. But a 300 hp four
stroke would give me that 30 mph cruise at less than 4500 rpm, which is
what I have to run now to get it.

--
Email sent to is never read.