Peter Clinch

Ewan Scott wrote:

Oh I'm not sure that it isn't flexible. At the risk of upsetting a few folks
by a traceable anecdote...

snip

Not /quite/ the sort of flexibility I mean ;-) For example, skulling
for support at 90 degrees in a sprint K1 with no spray deck is not
really going to work, so for someone doing just sprint there just isn't
much point at all in being able to do it. OTOH, wing paddle technique
would be very useful to our notional sprinter, and pretty much
completely useless to an aspiring surfer. Perhaps some sort of points
scheme where the sprinter can get through choosing skills applicable to
what a sprinter needs, and so on.

However, I do know what you mean and I know of some unqualified paddlers who
are much better than some highly qualified ones I have seen in operation.

Indeed. I wonder if the Greenland rolling champion has as much as a
Canoe Safety Test to their name...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK