K Smith

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

Dan Krueger wrote:
BS. K. hasn't predicted their demise so they will be just fine...

Dan

Sir Spamalot wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:50:19 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Mercury Marine unveils the new Verado today.

Supercharged even.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/

-W

Oh christ, just what we need; a "supercharged" outboard. These
Mercury folks are really getting desperate, and have pulled all of the
technology "punches" to get attention.

This may well be the last nail in the coffin for Mercury.

I wonder who's block they are using? Hope it's not GM. Or
Diamler-Chrysler. Or Ford. Anyone know? Anyone have any other tech
info, other than the virtually useless info that's already been
written by the marketeers?

It'll be interesting to watch how this all plays out.

NOSPAM: Please remove "my" in "comcast" to reply.

& she won't if they're "based" on that 270 HP 6cyl GM engine which I
think they are.

4 stroke ?? big tick

multi cam multi valve?? more ticks

Tried & proven injection systems?? ticks again

supercharged ?? maybe not a tick but GM have been supercharging their 6
cyl engines for a while with success so certainly not a cross.

The comments here are that the only prob will be the way they've stood
it on it's end & effectively dry sumped it, & that's probably been
supervised by GM anyway