Curtis CCR

Default SeaDoos

"Grumman-581" wrote in message ...
"Curtis CCR" wrote ...
I have more positive and responsive steering control in my jet boat at
very low speed than I do in my 36' cruiser - which is of course
equipped with rudders.

Well, for the most part, large boats by their very nature are going to be
less responsive... When I was in the Navy, I was stationed on the Nimitz...
I think it took us well over a mile to turn around...

OK... I can turn my jet boat, quite quickly, without headway. Try
that on a ruddered ski boat.

My point was that I can (pretty easily) point my jet boat in any
direction at low speed - in fact I can spin it around in one place
without headway. I need thrust, but not relative movement through the
water, to steer.