Don White

Evan Gatehouse wrote:
ahoy wrote:

Our local (us) power squadron told us there is now a $150 VHF licience
fee we have to pay if we still want to cruise in Canada. Is this
really being enforced when you check in at the customs dock?

Are you kidding? In Canada?

O.k. seriously we don't have enough money to fund a decent Coast Guard
and the customs guys don't care about VHF licenses. They want to know
if you have a ton of alcohol or ciggies but that's about it.

Evan Gatehouse

I have a 'Restricted Radio Operators License'issued in Nova Scotia. I
may have paid a nomimal fee to get it (either $ 10.00 or $ 20.00) but
it's lifetime with no annual fee.
Check closer to see who is actually getting this $ 150.00. Is it the US
govt??