Dan Krueger

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

Weren't Yamaha twin 115 4 strokes an option? They would be slower due to their
weight but twins nonetheless...

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Yamaha currently has a 300HP DFI. They also have the 150 4 strokes for twin
installations. That's the direction I'm heading at the moment since I have to
consider the benefit of twins for trips to the Bahamas.

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:

Yeah, I tried to get a pair of Merc 150 Optis on my Parker, but the
factory wouldn't sell that model boat without Yamaha engines, so I got
the Yamaha F225. It's a fine engine, and does drive the boat well at
good cruising speeds. But I'd probably go for twins if I were
outboarding to the Bamahas regularly. Where I do most of my boating
these days, I can see both the eastern and western shorelines and I have
yet to be out of VHF or cell range.