Clams Canino

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

All we know is that it's a DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder, inline six. Could be
a take off on any Jap motorcycle design, or it could be a ground up block.
shrug

Before you sell it short, give it a chance. Overall, Mercury has a pretty
good track record. It'll take a little time to see how this critter works
out in the real world. One thing I know, they usually do pretty extensive
field testing before a rollout.

-W

"Sir Spamalot" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:50:19 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Mercury Marine unveils the new Verado today.

Supercharged even.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/

-W

Oh christ, just what we need; a "supercharged" outboard. These
Mercury folks are really getting desperate, and have pulled all of the
technology "punches" to get attention.

This may well be the last nail in the coffin for Mercury.

I wonder who's block they are using? Hope it's not GM. Or
Diamler-Chrysler. Or Ford. Anyone know? Anyone have any other tech
info, other than the virtually useless info that's already been
written by the marketeers?

It'll be interesting to watch how this all plays out.

NOSPAM: Please remove "my" in "comcast" to reply.