Oddgeir Kvien

I would like to know how easy to mount or dismount an outboard gas
engine -- let's say a 40HP motor. I assume I need a carrier to hold the
outboard motor while I mount or dismount the motor. My questions a

- Is this a one man job?

- Do I need a lift? How small a motor can
we man-handle it without a lift?

- How many hours should I expect to spend to mount
or dismount an outboard?

A 40HP often is bolted to the transom, this takes some more time
to install than a smaller engine. Installing a 9.9 or 15HP can be
done in 5-10min by one person. A heavier engine might need two
persons or a hoist.

But using an electric motor on a boat designed for a 40HP will
give you very little speed.

Oddgeir

--
I'm building a boat.