Roger Long

No, this is a "brain burp":

The second key for our companionway lock disappeared so I switched
that lock over to deck locker duty with the key on the ring with the
engine key.

Today, I locked the companionway with the wrong lock and the key
inside. No problem, in through the skylight and out again.

After closing up the boat for the day, I was thinking about this and
how it would be a problem now that all skylights were latched from the
inside. Know what happens when you look at your thumb while hammering
a nail and hitting it? The hammer follows your eye and, Wham!

Guess what?

Every serious sailing boat should have a bolt cutter on board. I guess
this will be a good excuse to buy one.

--

Roger Long