Larry

"Steve" wrote in
om:

you want to charge a large battery bank in short order

Help IS on the way, guys! This is Toshiba's new Li-Ion battery, on its way
into your new electric car.....and boat.

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2005_03/pr2901.htm

Lead acid batteries, no matter how much you spend on AGM or some other
amazingly hyped technology, cannot be recharged fast, as fast as the poster
would like. The chemistry is not up to it....Toshiba's is.

80% charge in 60 seconds.......100% in 3 minutes.....1% capacity loss after
1000 cycles....soon to be used in industrial and automotive applications,
which means it'll have some very serious amp-hour capacities.

I think we FINALLY have a quick-charge battery on the horizon. Golf Cart
and AGMs will soon be forgotten relics of the Edison Age. Read about how
SMALL AND LIGHT they are per amp-hour rating!

--
Larry