basskisser

Default OT The Conservative Brain

"Mark Browne" wrote in message news:1EOXa.48146
One of my biggest problems with authority is that it attracts the few truly
"evil" to the position. Any position of power attracts these people like a
flies to dog droppings. Once these "evil" people get into the these
positions it is virtually impossible to dislodge them. As long as they keep
their dealings concealed from the light of day, most people are blissfully
unaware that anything bad is going on. I would take that a step further and
say that most people are too busy living thier lives to even look and see
how things are going. This gives the scummy folks a fairly free reign to do
whatever they want.

Absolutely. Big business (mostly conservative) is just choked FULL of
crooks, people who are cooking books on a daily basis, robbing Peter
to pay Paul, and on and on.

I used to expect that most elected people are good; experience has changed
that opinion. I have come to expect this subversion of authority as a part
of the human condition, and look for this sort of thing from virtually any
position of authority. Constant watchfulness of the elected leaders is a
necessary part of democracy. I would also say that it is necessary part of
being a stockholder.

Mark Browne

Again, how true. You can't trust an elected official of any party, at
any given time, in my opinion. Too much up for grabs, so to speak.