Harry Krause wrote:
...as director of FEMA.

Now, if only the idiot who appointed him would follow...

--
- - -
George W. Bush, our hero!

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the
attacks reminded us that we are at war."-Bush, Washington, D.C., June 8,
2005

He was expendable.

I'm sure there is no truth to the rumor that when GWB was first elected
he called Bush the First and asked for some advice on how to be good
Republican president.

"Well son," said Bush the Elder, "the top priority of a Republican
administration is to reduce the size of the federal goverment and reign
in federal spending."

"How do I go about doing that?" asked Bush the Younger.

"The first step is to take a close look at all the federal programs and
determine which of them are expendable. Can you do, that, son?"

"You, bet, Dad. I'll get right on it."

About a year later, the Bush family was gathered for Thanksgiving
dinner at Crawford and Bush the Elder called Bush the Younger into the
parlor for a chit-chat. "I'm pretty concerned about the trends I see in
the growth of the size of government and in federal spending. Do you
remember the advice I gave you right after you were elected?"

"Yes, Sir. And I followed it exactly. I carefully examined all the
federal spending items, and made a list of those that were expandable."