Paul Robson

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:16:35 -0700, Tim wrote:

unfortunately my legs have caused me issues with my kayaking life
(especially if I want to keep my shoes with me...) and therefore I want
to build myself a cheap canoe for fishing, canoeing & travel - just to
muck about in.

I can't afford to buy my own, but don't mind building my own now the
winter is here. I've seen a couple of cheap canoe plans

http://www.bigdamfish.net/ccanoeM.PDF seems pretty indepth and cheap -
but will it be stable for someone my size for the activities I want to
do, or should I be modfying the length?

Help :- ( preferably from someone who'll stop me from making an
expensive mistake!

Michalak Piragua ?

Two sheets of ply, easy to make flat bottomed canoe, enclosed storage area
at the front and back, stable, mine is anyway The best way to get the
plans is to buy Michalak's book which is about $20.