RG

"John Brown" wrote in message
ink.net...
Im looking at a 1989 bayliner with a Ford 351 engine and an OMC outdrive.
A friend of mine is warning me this is a low budget combo and is just
waiting to break down. Any one had a bad or good experience with this
combo.

While I'm not sure I'd completely agree with your friend's reasoning, I'd
follow his advice just the same. I don't believe the real issue is that the
engine/drive combo is "low budget and is just waiting to break down". I
believe the real reason to run away from this package is that it is a double
orphan. Ford no longer makes marine engines, and more importantly, OMC no
longer makes anything at all. This will ultimately lead to parts
availability issues and serious resale problems.