Rod McInnis

Default Suggestions for replacing 5.7 V-8 Cracked Block

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

I don't know the exact year that counter rotating engines were no
longer being produced but I believe it has been at least ten years or
so.

All newer boats achieve counter rotation in the transmission.

If your comments were specific towards I/O systems, then you are probably
correct. If you intended this to be a general statement for all inboards,
you are incorrect.

You can go to the Crusader web site, look at the specifications for one of
their engines (
http://www.crusaderengines.com/NewFi...salessheet.PDF
)
and see for yourself that they clearly state their engines are available in
either left hand or right hand rotation.

Considering how easy it is to make the lower unit of an I/O or outboard
reverse the rotation of the prop shaft with respect to the engine rotation I
agree that it would be unlikely that they would utilize a reverse rotation
engine to accomplish counter rotating props. The same does not hold true
for an inboard.

Rod