Starbuck's

Gene,
Your and Gould's assessment about upstream run off is correct. but the
problem in NO is not caused by upstream mismanagement, it is the result of
an entire city being built in the Mississippi Delta, which is a flood plan.
There is nothing anyone can do to stop that. We may be able to delay the
flood, but eventually it will flood.

We all need to be responsible for our own environmental impacts, not
just shove the problem downstream and tell the folks that when it gets
too unbearable they need to tear down the city overwhelmed by the
impacts of somebody else's selfish land use.

Won't happen until the courts have the cahones to make the upstream
municipality responsible for the downstream municipalities' loss.....

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide