Blair Doyle

Default restoring an 18ft bowrider.. any advice/tips?

Hey all,
ive got an older 18ft bowrider w/ 150hp inboard,
the motor is in good condition, but the boat needs some work

By that I mean some work.. and since I dont know anything about boats and
what they need to be in good condition, thats all i can say..
but since im the one thats gonna be doing the work, i come to you all, and
ask for some help,

If I was to gut the interior of the boat, what would a weathered / well used
boat usually require to be restored properly..

I have heard mention of redoing some fiberglass, foaming the bottom of the
boat.. etc..
can anyone give me specifics of the typical work that would be required for
this?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

p.s.: I realize there is alot that could potentially be needed, and my
informations is pretty uninformative, I only ask that those of you with
experience with boats and restoring boats, that you can shed some light on
as to what typically I have in store for me..
materials required, tools required, suggestions as to what I should be
looking for to ready my boat for next spring.

Thanks a bunch
please reply to