*JimH*

Folks who want to live in hurricane hot spots understand the exposures. If
rebuilding is done in hurricane prone areas let the owners be self insured
and limit government funding to only search and rescue.

A cold viewpoint? Yep. But I am tired of paying for the damage done by
hurricanes along coastal areas, both in my taxes and my insurance premiums.

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Interesting that 54% of Americans polled say don't rebuild the flooded
parts of NO below sea level.

That makes good fiscal sense and good safety sense. Regardless of who is
or is not to blame for the progress of the life saving efforts in NO, I
believe everyone can agree that the effort was made incredibly more
difficult by the flooding. If NO had been affected by wind rather than by
flood the rescue efforts would have been vastly simplified.

I agree with the majority of Americans. Lets save the Quarter and the
hotels necessary to support the Quarter's tourist industry, but lets not
perpetuate the gross mistake of building a major city below sea level. It
would be unsafe and a horrible waste of the people's treasure.

Butch