Dan Krueger

Default Grady White Quality

Non-welded rails might not be uncommon (although I have seen very few except on
older Trophys) but they have an unrefined look, catch fishing line, and are not
as sturdy as welded rails even when the set screws are new and tight. That's a
terrible place for a manufacturer to save a few bucks. I would rather see a
well-built boat with fewer standard features so you can pay for what you want
and, in some cases, upgrade with aftermarket parts.

Dan

John wrote:

It's not uncommon to find non-welded rails on smaller boats, even
expensive ones.

For above the water thru-hulls, plastic will work fine.

But your correct in your observation, a top dollar boat should be
built with top quality components. Welded bow rails and non-plastic
thru-hulls should be standard equipment on such a boat. It just makes
you think about what else they may have skimped on.