Scott B. Hogle

Default Suggestions for replacing 5.7 V-8 Cracked Block

Hey, don't be picking on Rod, I thought his post was very responsive.

I feel bad, I'm the idiot that was too lazy to remove the drain plugs and
poor Rod is catching grief for trying to help me out.

I've concluded that trying to buy a bare block and transfer the crankshaft
and pistons is probably being too cheap - probably better to just buy a
reman shortblock.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Have a great week.

SBH

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:52:51 -0800, "Rod McInnis"
wrote:

"Lawrence James" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Counter rotation engines have not been built for a while and certainly

would
not be in a late model bayliner single engine boat.

Define "a while".

Counter rotating engines are standard in just about every twin engine
inboard boat I have seen.

You must not have seen too many.

I have owned two different tournament ski boats that used counter

rotating
engines.

I agree that it would be unusual in an I/O configuration, but it only

takes
a minute to check and can save a tremendous amount of headache and

expense
if he happens to have one.

Rod

The Worlds Uncensored News Source